Sure Grip Shoes Program
Kindred is committed to creating a safe work environment for all employees. In an effort to reduce slips and falls, we are requiring employees to wear slip-resistant shoes in our facilities. To help make this requirement easier to meet, Kindred has created a voluntary discount program for purchasing slip-resistant shoes from Sure Grip Footwear, a leading provider of slip-resistant shoes.
View the digital catalog: https://issuu.com/suregripfootwear/docs/kindred_healthcare
The online ordering site will be available in February 2017.
Some restrictions to the program may apply for your state. For more information, please see the Executive Director in your facility or the CEO of your Hospital. You also may contact Jonathan Ramires at the Support Center at email@example.com or via phone at 502.596.6551.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
We all know how important it is to manage hazardous chemicals. It’s a task made difficult by the variety of chemicals we use and the need to safeguard the cross-section of employees, volunteers and patients who are routinely exposed to those chemicals. We also have to comply with standards set by OSHA and the Joint Commission.
We have determined that the best way to meet these stringent standards is to take SDS (formally known as MSDS) access online via the link below:
This means that you can now access SDS (MSDS) Sheets online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through three different methods, Knect, KindredHealthcare.com, or by calling 1-888-362-7516 if computer access is not available.
If you sustain a work-related injury, we are here to help! Please follow these steps to report your work-related injury.
- Kindred Healthcare, Hospital, Nursing, RehabCare (Except Texas Non-Subscriber and Washington State):
Kindred at Home & Gentiva for TEXAS ONLY (TEXAS NON- SUBSCRIBER ONLY):
- Immediately report your injury or illness to your supervisor and complete the employee Incident Report.
- Report your injury or illness to the Workers’ Compensation Report Line at 1-888-458-4506 to ensure appropriate medical care is coordinated for you.
- If you must seek medical treatment, report your work status restrictions to your supervisor or your workers’ compensation champion after you see a medical provider.
Kindred Healthcare, Hospital, Nursing, RehabCare (WASHINGTON STATE ONLY – STATE FUND):
- Report your injury to your supervisor immediately, but no later than 24 hours after the time of the injury.
- Call the Sedgwick Report Line at 1-855-811-5639 to file your claim.
- Use an approved physician or approved facility for medical treatment. You have up to 14 days from the date of injury to receive your initial medical treatment from an approved provider.
- Report all work-related incidents to your supervisor immediately and complete an employee incident report.
- Call Kindred’s Workers’ Compensation call center at 1-888-458-4506 to report the incident.
- If medical treatment is needed, go to http://www.lni.wa.gov/claimsins/claims/findadoc/ to find a doctor.
- At the first visit, tell your provider you are treating for a work injury and your employer is in the state fund. The doctor’s office will submit the report of accident to Labor and Industries to start your claim.
- Each time you see your doctor for an appointment, have them complete a blank Return to Work Form. You can get the form from your supervisor. After each visit, return the signed from to your supervisor.