Are there times when you feel dizzy or unsteady? Does the fear of falling keep you from enjoying life? Perhaps you’ve even fallen recently and kept it to yourself because you didn’t want to worry your loved ones. While no one plans to fall, it can happen because of obstacles in the home, side effects from medication or balance issues.
If you are concerned about a fall, you’re not alone. Falls can result in serious injury and create health complications. Our team can help address all of these concerns to help you improve your balance and independence.
We start by identifying your individual needs and building a plan that meets each, specific need. The result is a customized, clinical program that works because it’s built around you.
We provide many services, including:
- Evidence-based therapy interventions to help improve strength and mobility
- Assessment of your living environment to help you reduce risk of falls
- Education to help you improve your mobility
- Medication review and reconciliation to help reduce side-effects that impact your balance
We provide comprehensive fall prevention in all of our locations. Some locations also offer a specialized program called Safe Strides.
What is our Safe Strides Balance Program?
Safe Strides ® is a unique, home-based rehabilitation program that is revolutionizing fall prevention and is making a dramatic difference in the lives of thousands every day.
Finding the Problem’s Cause
We are different than a traditional balance program, because we go above and beyond the standard gait training and strengthening exercises. We recognize your situation is unique.
How Our Balance Program Works
Safe Strides incorporates education, prevention and customized care to help you reduce dizziness and improve your balance.
First, our team of clinicians specially trained in fall prevention identifies the causes of your fall risk by examining the systems of your body involved in maintaining balance. Then the team works with you and your doctor to develop an individualized plan of care. Elements of a plan may include:
- Thoroughly, inner ear, static/dynamic balance, sensation and coordination
- Assessing blood pressure and reviewing medications
- working with you to reduce dizziness and improve balance Assessing your living environment to eliminate fall-related hazards
There’s No Place Like Home
Safe Strides is part of our home health service, delivered in the comfort of familiar surroundings. By coming to you, we can help you improve your confidence and mobility in the place that matters most - home.
Affordable and Effective
Safe Strides is available for adults 65 and older, who are eligible for home health. Most of our services are covered by Medicare. We also accept other payers and many private insurers. If you have any questions about cost, just let us know. We will be happy to discuss your situation and help you find the best option.
Is Safe Strides right for you?
- Are you 65 or older?
- Do you ever feel dizzy, lightheaded or off-balance?
- When walking, do you ever feel unsteady or unsure?
- Do you steady yourself on furniture when you walk?
- Do you use your hands to get up out of a chair?
- Have you noticed vision changes, hearing loss, dizziness, shortness of breath, foot problems or muscle weakness? Have you fallen in the last year?
- Would you like education / help to identify slip and trip hazards?
- Are you taking more than three prescription and/or over-the-counter medications?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, Safe Strides could be for you. Contact a location near you today to check availability and to learn more.
We provide comprehensive fall prevention in all of our locations. Some locations also offer a specialized program called Zōntago™ with the 1+ Principle™.
Imagine a better way of life. A life that has not only conquered dizziness and unsteadiness, but a life experience that helps you feel, move and live better. Zōntago helps you re-engage in what you enjoy most. Using the 1+ Principle and structured progressive activity with individualized effort, Zōntago helps you be more able and independent.
Built around your unique needs and goals, Zōntago helps you:
- Progressively become more active
- Identify and improve customized activity zones
- Grow positive health habits that are manageable and sustainable
- Improve your mobility, balance and confidence
Using the 1+ Principle, you learn how to master key ingredients of strength, static/dynamic balance and walking. You’ll build both skill and confidence to participate in activities that you enjoy.
A person-centered approach to improving skilled movement.
You’ve heard the familiar saying, “use it, or lose it”. But with Zōntago, you’ll learn how to “use it, and improve it”.
What is Zōntago?
- Evidence-based, progressive activity and skilled mobility
- Purposed to help you stay motivated to progress to the next level
- Specific – uses customized activities at target zones of intensity
- Manageable - helps you improve leg muscle strength, static/dynamic balance and walking
How does the 1+ principle work?
You’ll partner with your therapist to incorporate customized, positive health habits into your daily routine. Every step of the way, our expert clinicians partner with you. From personalizing your activity and effort zone, to measuring your progress and celebrating small wins, Zōntago helps you enjoy a more active, independent life.
The response to Zōntago has been amazing. Older adults report improved balance, confidence and independence. Most importantly, both participants and their caregivers report that they feel a sense of accomplishment as they grow in ownership of positive health behaviors, and experience improved quality of life. A trained physical therapist performs a thorough, head-to-toe evaluation of your strength, functional mobility, and balance. The therapist develops a customized plan and partners with you to become more able. Elements of the plan may include:
- Comprehensive evaluation and a personalized plan
- Progression from supervised to independent activities that are easily performed in the comfort of your personal living space
- Task-specific practice to help you become more skilled during daily mobility
- Use of activity logs to help identify improvements
There's No Place Like Home
Zōntago is part of our home health services, delivered in the comfort of familiar surroundings. By coming to you, we can help you improve you be more able to participate in doing things you enjoy most starting in the place that matters most - home.
Affordable and Effective
Zōntago is available to adults 65 and older, who are eligible for home health. Most of our services are covered by Medicare. We also accept other payers and many private insurers. If you have any questions about costs, just let us know. We will be happy to discuss your situation and help you find the best option.
“I can walk the neighborhood again. Do what you can. Keep it simple, but do it!” Dot - Zōntago graduate
Is Zōntago Right For You?
- Are you 65 or older?
- Would you like to:
- Bounce back faster from a recent health or functional change?
- Walk without holding onto furniture, stumbling or tripping?
- Successfully do more daily living activities in less time?
- Have energy to do more with family and friends?
- Would you like to be:
- Better balanced and better at walking?
- Able to reach for/carry something without feeling unsteady?
- Would you like to be more:
- Able to adjust and recover your balance?
- Able to participate in doing things that you enjoy?
- Active and independent?
- Confident with walking and your daily routine?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, Zōntago can help you “use it, and improve it”. Speak with your physician or call us to discuss your options.
Contact your local branch today to check availability in your area and to learn more.