Types of Care
We know that making the decision about where you receive your next level of care can be confusing – especially with so many different options to consider. When you choose inpatient rehabilitation, sometimes referred to as an acute rehabilitation program, you will be cared for by a team that understands your individual situation and shares the same goals you do – getting you home as healthy and as fast as possible.
In fact, treatment in the inpatient rehabilitation setting has been shown to provide a higher level of care and achieve better results versus other types of rehabilitation programs. For example, those receiving inpatient rehabilitation:
- Return home sooner
- Have greater success walking independently again
- Receive more doctor and nurse time and attention, including regular visits by their doctor
- Have lower rates of readmission to the hospital during or after treatment
We treat a wide variety of diagnoses, ranging from neurologic conditions such as stroke and Parkinson’s to pulmonary conditions such as COPD. But our inpatient rehabilitation unit stands out as an excellent treatment option because we create a custom rehabilitation program based on your condition and goals.
You may be a good candidate for admission into an acute rehabilitation program if you have had a decrease in your ability to function in your normal environment and you may have experienced the following:
- Major multiple trauma
- Brain injury
- Total hip replacement
- Hip or femur fractures
- Total knee replacement
- Cardiovascular or pulmonary issues
- Lower extremity amputation
- Neurological conditions such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, motor neuron diseases, polyneuropathy, or muscular dystrophy
- Other Medical and Debilitating Conditions
Your individual situation requires a treatment plan designed just for you. If you have been diagnosed with any of the conditions listed above, inpatient rehabilitation may be the best option for you to reach your goals and return home as soon as possible.
To learn more about the services we provide, please select one of the types of care below.