When you are recovering from a stroke, it is important to start rehabilitation as soon as you’re able so you can begin the road to independence. That’s why our collaborative interdisciplinary team works with you and your family to create a customized stroke recovery treatment plan.
Our experienced nurses have expertise in rehabilitation treatment and techniques for patients recovering from stroke, hemorrhaging stroke and transient ischemic attacks (TIAs). We use the latest equipment and assistive devices to support individual recovery.
You will have access to:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy available up to seven days a week
- Specialized, onsite equipment and technology
- Education to promote a safe and successful transition to home, outpatient care and community services
- Healthy lifestyle programs, which may include nutrition assessments, smoking cessation and stress or weight reduction
- Progressive exercise programs developed and tailored to fit your needs
- Onsite case management
This care is designed to reduce your risk to return to the hospital. We focus on improving these key areas for your recovery:
- Activities of daily living including bathing and dressing
- Improved mobility
- Improved speech and swallowing
- Changes in behavior and mood
- The ability to cope with the disease process
- Resources to prevent further complications